It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Home Pool Cue Forums Chat Room Arcade PoolHall Directory Pro Events Billards Photos Web Links Contact Legal Notice Documents

Go Back   Billiards-Talk Forums > Pool & Billiards Discussion > General Pool & Billiards Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 26th, 2007, 09:16 PM   #1
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 20 Add to A-Train's Reputation Add to A-Train's Reputation
Networking:
Send a message via AIM to A-Train
Lou Butera came by my pool hall the other night, he's selling all his cues.

He's giving up the game. Evidently he's too old and it physically hurts him to play. A hall of famer bites the dust.

Anyhow, he was in the pool hall (he owned this hall at one point) on Monday night with a case full of his prides and joys.

What a mo*&#fu&(#ng collection.

In particular was one Schon that dropped my jaw. I have an amazing Schon, still one of the highest priced Schon (not LTD) cues on the market. The one that he had blew mine clear out of the water. It wasn't even the same ballpark, hardly even the same sport.

I asked him how much he wanted, and he just pointed at the sticker at the bottom of the cue. "$2K"

"Wow, Lou." I said. "That one sure is pretty, and trust me, if I had $2000 to throw at a pool cue right now, I'd certainly do it, but right now it just won't work."

He then told me that he's considering keeping that one...just in case he gets back into the game again. Evidently it's the one that he won his most recent championship with. He even went so far as to say that if he did sell it, there is a good possibility that he might come looking for it again someday.

What I wouldn't give for this cue, I swear. Reminds me of the phrase, "I got a legendary cue for my girlfriend, best trade I ever made." LOL

Anyway, I think he said some of his cues were going up for sale online, so you may want to keep your eyes peeled to ebay. Chances are there will be some hall of fame memoribilia hitting the market very soon.
Signature: [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]I learn from my mistakes and laugh at yours. LOL[/COLOR][/SIZE]
A-Train is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote