It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Home Pool Cue Forums Chat Room Arcade PoolHall Directory Pro Events Billards Photos Web Links Contact Legal Notice Documents

Go Back   Billiards-Talk Forums > Pool & Billiards Discussion > General Pool & Billiards Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 15th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #1
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 12 Add to ccn7's Reputation Add to ccn7's Reputation
In Stroke, Zoned In (kinda Long)

Whatever its called now I was there last night in our weekly mini tournament. It was 9 ball which i feel is my weakest game, i usually take 4th and sometimes 3rd most every week, but last night i won it all. Its a small tournament anywheres from 12-18 players.
So anyways here is a brief description of what happened.:

First match was an easy win 5-1 against one of the regulars. He's about a c- player.

Second match was against a new kid never seen him shoot. but heard some woofing going on by his friend. It wasnt much of a match either 5-3, i scratched on the 7 giving him BIH for an easy run-out win.

Third match was against the top player he usually wins every week, I enjoy playing him the most as he really makes me play. This match went back and forth and ended up 4-4 both of us on the hill, he tried to play a safety and wasnt successful and i ran out for the match win.

Well now to jump forward..well i made it to the hot seat undefeated. The guy I beat earlier was back at me again. H e won the flip and for the first two games i never got a shot I was hooked up tight both games giving him BIH and thus him beating me. So it was 0-2, then in the third game he left me hooked again i was tight against another ball in the far end of the table had to use the bridge to even reach the CB. Now all this time i'm getting all frustrated as i'm not getting a shot. I calm myself down grab the bridge shoot for the 6 ball and make it just where i had planned, the crowd clapped and i caught fire from there, i couldnt miss after that i went on to win the next 5 for a 5-2 win.
i had 2 break and runs and 2 nine ball combinations that were awesome. I wanted to play allnight as i was truely in the zone. Its probably been 10-15 yrs since i was that zoned in what a great feeling. Anyways that the story, hope you enjoy it, as much as i did sharing it.
Signature: My worse day at Pool, was still far better than my best day at Work
ccn7 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2007, 08:34 AM   #2
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to Tony_M's Reputation Add to Tony_M's Reputation
It is a great feeling when you are in dead punch isn't it?

Congrats and good shooting
Tony_M is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2007, 12:53 PM   #3
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to Bishop's Reputation Add to Bishop's Reputation
Nothing beats two break and run outs with in 5 games. Thats some solid shooting right there.
Bishop is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #4
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 12 Add to ccn7's Reputation Add to ccn7's Reputation
On one of the breaks I made 3 balls on the break, it was a night that everything was going my way. Sure wish i had of taped it. Oh well guess I'll just have to do it again. BTW this is only the second time i have done back to back run outs in my entire 40+ years of playing.
Signature: My worse day at Pool, was still far better than my best day at Work
ccn7 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2007, 03:53 PM   #5
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to Bishop's Reputation Add to Bishop's Reputation
I've had back to back runouts in 8 ball once but never in 9 ball so go figure. The more I play the more I'm convinced that an average or C player can consistantly run tables out with a strong break.

If I get two balls on the break in 9-ball my odds go way up. I guess its just simple numbers....too bad it isn't a simple game.
Bishop is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote