It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Home Pool Cue Forums Chat Room Arcade PoolHall Directory Pro Events Billards Photos Web Links Contact Legal Notice Documents

Go Back   Billiards-Talk Forums > Pool & Billiards Discussion > General Pool & Billiards Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 10th, 2007, 03:11 PM   #1
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to Bishop's Reputation Add to Bishop's Reputation
What's your speed, decribe your game? Don't be shy.

I guess I'm a low C player maybe a D.

I can get a consistant 4-5 run going and I do ok on occasion with getting out of trouble moving past a difficult pattern.

I'd say I'm a threat to break and run out if I can get at least two balls down on the break but I'm typically good for a break and run once or twice every 20-25 racks either 8 ball or 9 ball.

Where are you guys at?
Bishop is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #2
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to justme's Reputation Add to justme's Reputation
not me :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post

I can get a consistant 4-5 run going and I do ok on occasion with getting out of trouble moving past a difficult pattern.

I'd say I'm a threat to break and run out if I can get at least two balls down on the break but I'm typically good for a break and run once or twice every 20-25 racks either 8 ball or 9 ball.

Where are you guys at?
While this is definitely NOT what you want to read, in order to find out my REAL speed, you'd have to either play me or watch me gamble with someone who has a chance of winning. I "lay down" alot against players who I feel have no chance of winning. I will say this however, I play pretty sporty when I actually play.
justme is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #3
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Where are you from again?
Bishop is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #4
User Information:
Forum Activity:
state

Quote:
Where are you from again?

PA...By Lake Erie
justme is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 06:26 PM   #5
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Yeah its not likely we'll match up but if we do please don't lay down on me. I enjoy getting my a$$ handed to me from time to time.
Old August 11th, 2007, 01:49 PM   #6
User Information:
Forum Activity:
ewww lol

Quote:
Yeah its not likely we'll match up but if we do please don't lay down on me. I enjoy getting my a$$ handed to me from time to time.
I'd NEVER "lay down" on you pal, you're a guy!! lol IF we ever did match up, which I doubt, it all depends on what we were playing for as to whether or not you got my game...I never know how I'm gonna play someone until the time comes
Old August 12th, 2007, 01:23 AM   #7
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 13 Add to shark3149's Reputation Add to shark3149's Reputation
I have been thinking about this.I came up with I am a low b player on 9 footers and a very strong b on the bar box.I tend to play a lot on the bar box as that is where all the action is around here.I can break and run 5 or six times out of ten on the bar box,but on the 9 i am a Little weaker may be 4 or times out of ten.I play a lot of one pocket and that seems to be helping my game over all.I have all so be working very hard on my focus.I am now getting back to where my game should be.
Signature: [SIZE="3"] BHQ Fan For Life

It ain't no fun when the rabbits got the gun[/SIZE]
shark3149 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 02:19 PM   #8
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 22 Add to djkx1's Reputation Add to djkx1's Reputation
Shark,

If you can break and run 40% or more I would definitely suggest you make the U.S.Open. I know if it wasnt a 30 hour trip for me I might consider it just for the experience, but I sure as heck don't B&R 40%. I probably dont have a good shot on my first ball 40% of the time.

As far as my speed, its so hard to say. Everyone has diferent methods of comparison. I have a high run of 57 in straight pool , although I play very little of it. I mainly play 9 ball, with a six pack being my best run. Playing the ghost in 9ball (race to 9)I usually get the better of it, I probably average about 9-6 or so.

I can get out from almost anywhere when I'm on, but it is usually a lack of focus that causes missed shots or blown shape. Keeping focused and remembering to take time on the seemingly simple shots is my weakness. So whatever that makes me, as far as speed goes, who knows.
Signature: Take care, Darren
djkx1 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 04:31 AM   #9
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 13 Add to shark3149's Reputation Add to shark3149's Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkx1 View Post
Shark,

If you can break and run 40% or more I would definitely suggest you make the U.S.Open. I know if it wasn't a 30 hour trip for me I might consider it just for the experience, but I sure as heck don't B&R 40%. I probably don't have a good shot on my first ball 40% of the time.

As far as my speed, its so hard to say. Everyone has different methods of comparison. I have a high run of 57 in straight pool , although I play very little of it. I mainly play 9 ball, with a six pack being my best run. Playing the ghost in 9ball (race to 9)I usually get the better of it, I probably average about 9-6 or so.

I can get out from almost anywhere when I'm on, but it is usually a lack of focus that causes missed shots or blown shape. Keeping focused and remembering to take time on the seemingly simple shots is my weakness. So whatever that makes me, as far as speed goes, who knows.
I sure wish I could play with these guys.I don't play that good.The guys in my pool room beat on me pretty bad most days,even though I have been playing this strong.I had back surgery and am just getting back in shape.I work out for 3 hours a day and play pool for about the same.That is why my game is so strong right now.When I go back to work I will not have time to play much at all and my game will kind of stall out.
Signature: [SIZE="3"] BHQ Fan For Life

It ain't no fun when the rabbits got the gun[/SIZE]
shark3149 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 11:39 PM   #10
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 20 Add to A-Train's Reputation Add to A-Train's Reputation
Networking:
Send a message via AIM to A-Train
Wow, not as good as you guys are. I'm always experimenting with my game, I think that's a good part of me not running a lot more balls. I'd say I'm 80% to run out with good position on the 4 or 5 ball and a decent spread.
Signature: [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]I learn from my mistakes and laugh at yours. LOL[/COLOR][/SIZE]
A-Train is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 12:08 PM   #11
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to stick8's Reputation Add to stick8's Reputation
play

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme View Post
While this is definitely NOT what you want to read, in order to find out my REAL speed, you'd have to either play me or watch me gamble with someone who has a chance of winning. I "lay down" alot against players who I feel have no chance of winning. I will say this however, I play pretty sporty when I actually play.
you are going to break you arm patting your self on the back!!lay down on aplayer ha some one is going to trap you as they might be laying down also , no smarts here
stick8 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 12:46 PM   #12
User Information:
Forum Activity:
hahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick8 View Post
you are going to break you arm patting your self on the back!!lay down on aplayer ha some one is going to trap you as they might be laying down also , no smarts here
I love the way you've singled me out and are busting my balls every chance you get, so you must be from AZB...But I'm not gonna take the bait. Just have your way because you're only making yourself look foolish, as you most likely are. Geez, I'm so glad I have another fan! lmmfao
Old September 17th, 2007, 12:50 PM   #13
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 12 Add to ccn7's Reputation Add to ccn7's Reputation
Quote:

Where are you guys at?
I think i'm a clone of Bishop's we play almost the same. I think i'm a solid C player most the time now. I play mostly small local weekly tournaments. At 60 i dont gamble like i did when i was 20. Back then all i played was 9 ball and was a good solid B.

Now for some exciting news: My new BHQ playing cue ( Zelda) is doing her magic. Such a great solid hit with the P/H playing shaft. I swear my game has moved up a lil bit. And the J/B cue with the P/H shaft just explodes the rack usually giving me at least one ball down. Anyways this post is about game speed and i'll post a review of my new cues as soon as i get more playing time in.
One last word for those that dont have a BHQ yet, best get an order in. It is my opinion that you will never find a better built,better looking cue for the money,and Brents is One of the very best to deal with, just a terrific guy all around.
Signature: My worse day at Pool, was still far better than my best day at Work
ccn7 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 05:10 AM   #14
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to rodrivar's Reputation Add to rodrivar's Reputation
So I am curious, What makes someone a "A", "B", "C", or "D" player? And what are they. How many racks run or balls run to make you a A player? Is "A" player a proffessional? In 20 games of 8 ball, I will get about 3-4 break and runs on a 9 foot table. In the same format on a 7ft table I will get 1-2 break and runs. So what would that make me?

Thanks,

Rod
rodrivar is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 11:31 PM   #15
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 12 Add to ccn7's Reputation Add to ccn7's Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrivar View Post
So I am curious, What makes someone a "A", "B", "C", or "D" player? And what are they. How many racks run or balls run to make you a A player? Is "A" player a proffessional? In 20 games of 8 ball, I will get about 3-4 break and runs on a 9 foot table. In the same format on a 7ft table I will get 1-2 break and runs. So what would that make me?

Thanks,

Rod
I'd say if we play you gota give me so weight.. 3-4 brk runouts on a 9 footer out of 20 is a good %
Signature: My worse day at Pool, was still far better than my best day at Work
ccn7 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote