It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Home Pool Cue Forums Chat Room Arcade PoolHall Directory Pro Events Billards Photos Web Links Contact Legal Notice Documents

Go Back   Billiards-Talk Forums > Pool & Billiards Discussion > General Pool & Billiards Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 11th, 2007, 01:58 PM   #1
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to Bishop's Reputation Add to Bishop's Reputation
Trying to do too much with your shots

I'm about as guilty of this as anyone. I constantly find myself missing a shoot because I was trying to do way to much with it to gain shape. I've gotten to the point where I almost have to ask myself before most shoots if I'm attempting to do too much.

Last edited by Bishop : May 11th, 2007 at 05:02 PM.
Bishop is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #2
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 12 Add to ccn7's Reputation Add to ccn7's Reputation
OH YES, been there done that many times. Especially playing 9 ball. You get out of line a little bit on the 5 which makes it tough on the 6 and then a bit more on the 7 and by the time your on the 8 your so out of line you have to do one of them MAGIC shots like Efren does to get on the 9. Every so often i"ll back off the 7 play a good safety and hope to get back at the table. But most the time i'm like you i go for it anyways and usually miss and lose the game. Only cure i know of is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE
Signature: My worse day at Pool, was still far better than my best day at Work
ccn7 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 05:03 PM   #3
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to Bishop's Reputation Add to Bishop's Reputation
Geebus, I sure can butcher a thread title.
Bishop is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 05:16 PM   #4
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 12 Add to ccn7's Reputation Add to ccn7's Reputation
A butchered thread title is better than none at all, at least your posting,and that is great. I dont get why more are not responding or posting. Maybe being retired i have too much time on my hands, and all you working people just have time to read.
Signature: My worse day at Pool, was still far better than my best day at Work
ccn7 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 07:26 PM   #5
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to George's Reputation Add to George's Reputation
Networking:
I do this all thetime.
George is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 10:08 AM   #6
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to Slowhand's Reputation Add to Slowhand's Reputation
Quote:
Trying to do too much with your shots
I'm guilty of that.

I find myself constantly doing that lately, and I blame it on not playing as much as I used to. What good is getting perfect shape when you rattle the jaws and leave it hanging in the pocket. I have to regress back to my beginner's ways and make sure I make the ball first, even if it means one mission impossible shot after another. At least it keeps you at the table shooting, and the more you shoot the quicker you get back in the zone.
Signature: [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=seagreen][B]You'll never become an old dog if you keep learning new tricks ;)[/B][/COLOR][/FONT] [/CENTER]
Slowhand is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 03:09 AM   #7
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 20 Add to A-Train's Reputation Add to A-Train's Reputation
Networking:
Send a message via AIM to A-Train
I do it a lot, but I hardly consider myself guilty of it. There will be phases in my game in which I put really extreme moves on the cue ball to try and figure out what the limitations of my stroke and ability are. I refuse to be a one trick pony in my pool game because you will never know when you will be stuck in an odd way and you will need to employ a different shot in order to get shape on your next shot.

There is ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat, I want to know how to do at least 2 or 3 of them.
Signature: [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]I learn from my mistakes and laugh at yours. LOL[/COLOR][/SIZE]
A-Train is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote