It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Home Pool Cue Forums Chat Room Arcade PoolHall Directory Pro Events Billards Photos Web Links Contact Legal Notice Documents

Go Back   Billiards-Talk Forums > Pool & Billiards Discussion > General Pool & Billiards Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 26th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #1
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to Bishop's Reputation Add to Bishop's Reputation
Billiards Talk role call

Tell us a little about yourself. So far we are a small community so it would be nice to get to know each other a little better. I'll start.

My name is Ryan I'm 30 years old, I have 3 kids as well. Two stepdaughters 12 and 11 and I have one little boy 1 and a half. As far as what pays for my habit I'm in RV sales and have been working at this dealership for 3 years. Doubtful that I'd leave here because the money is good and I can hang-out online during most of the day...low stress?

I've been playing pool since I was 7 or 8, I learned how to play in my grandparents basement on an old 7' barbox. I got pretty good in my mid to late teens while working at different billiard shops setting up tables and playing nights. I got away from the game for a good long while but the urge to play never left me. I met my wife almost 4 years ago and she's given me the latitude to play just about as much as I like. I've put in more practice and table time in the last 2 years than I ever have so its safe to say I'm playing the best pool I've ever played but like everyone I have miles to go.

Sometime later this year or early next year I'd like to go to that pool school in Dallas. It's been something I've been wanting to do for a long time, plus I think it would make a big difference in my wife's game too.
Bishop is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 04:33 PM   #2
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to Maniac's Reputation Add to Maniac's Reputation
O.K., I'll bite. My name is Tony. I will soon be 54 years old. I have been retired from General Motors for 4 1/2 years. I am married with 2 children and 4 grandchildren. My hobbies, besides pool, are fishing, motorcycling, target shooting, hunting, and I bowl sometimes and also like to handload my own ammunition. Spending time with family is always high on my priorty list. My wife, Jackie, works for David Weekley Homes as a Project Coordinator. We shoot in an APA 8-ball league on Monday night and I also shoot in a 9-ball league on Thursday night. She is a SL3 and I am a SL5. We have our own table at home, a Brunswick Bradford 8' by 4'. My main cue is a Lucasi LE66 butt with a Predator Z shaft, Everest tip. In the three sessions I have been in thus far, I have 5 rackless night patches, two 9-on-the-snap patches, one break-and-run patch, an league MVP patch and a 9-ball second place in league trophy. I have won two local tournaments twice, got second once, and got third once. Not bad for a beginner (been shooting 40 years, but always for fun).

Maniac
Maniac is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 05:02 PM   #3
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 13 Add to shark3149's Reputation Add to shark3149's Reputation
Hello all...My name is Nate.I am 33 not married but very much in love with my girl friend. I have no kids as of yet we are working on that.Lets see I started playing pool when I was 5.My first job was at the pool hall.I worked there on and off for ten years and played 5 or 6 hours a day.I now work for a machine shop but hurt my back and have had some surgery's and am now starting to go back to work.I try to play about three or four hours a day until I go back to work.My game is not where it should be because of my back problems but I will get back in stroke soon.I run some tournaments around town so I am around pool every day and love it.My girl is now starting to play and she will be a member of my Wednesday night v.n.e.a. pol team next year.I am a 9 and stay that way all year.The fist big tournament I played in was the shamrock it use to be the old Akron open.I worked at the pool hall and they paid for me to play,I didn't do very well but I won a few matches.I have a problem I am hook on this game bad.

I live in Canton Ohio.

Last edited by shark3149 : March 26th, 2007 at 05:13 PM. Reason: forgot to tell whear I live
shark3149 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 05:06 PM   #4
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to CaptainHook's Reputation Add to CaptainHook's Reputation
I am Mike, 47 from St.Petersburg Florida. Started playing pool in 1973 while hangin out at the bowling alley. I am a musician, I play Bass guitar.
I was Gun dealer in the 80's and into the mid 90's. I moved some heavy hardware, sometimes to folks who I should not have sold it to. I still enjoy shooting pool and guns.

I thank my lucky stars everyday that I am still around.

I'm married 8 years, no kids, 3 cats. Own a nice condo and have a great job.

I like Indy and Formula 1 car racing.
I have a huge collection of vintage Hot Wheel cars.

Signature: Member; Billiards Talk "Palmer owners Club"
CaptainHook is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #5
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to shexcpoolgawdess's Reputation Add to shexcpoolgawdess's Reputation
Networking:
Send a message via AIM to shexcpoolgawdess Send a message via MSN to shexcpoolgawdess Send a message via Yahoo to shexcpoolgawdess
Cool this is me....

So about the shexcpoolgawdess....My real name is Secret...god honest truth! I'm a 29 year old Asian/Pacific Islander. Raised an army brat. I'm a mother of a 7 year old boy who just like me picked up a cue for the first time at a very young age. He I think picked it up before me at the age of 5 myself it was the age of 7 and fiddled with it over the years growin up. I for the last 9 years or so have been shooting a lot more competitively then casually. There is nothing else that makes me more happy then to get on a table and run some balls. It makes me even more happy when my son joins me at the table. I work in child care and invest a lot of my extra time teaching my son everything about billiards. If I'm not helping him then I'm probably helping one of my many admirers in getting better at pool so that maybe one day they can be as good as me...or so they say.

Outside of shooting pool working and raising my son my life pretty much consists of a plethora of things. I play any and every sport I possibly can.....love going bowling and definately way too into football (at least thats what all the guys think....they seem to think that me knowing more abut football then them is an embarassment....but whatever lol.) I've got a huge passion for cooking. I"m a clean freak and maybe sometimes consume that sleep time I should be using with way too much music downloading lol.

I'm a fun loving friendly person....what more can I really say.....guess if you wanna know more then let me know
Signature: [FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]~*~ShEx~C~pOoLgAwDeSs~*~[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
shexcpoolgawdess is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 05:55 PM   #6
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 22 Add to djkx1's Reputation Add to djkx1's Reputation
My name is Darren, and I'm 35. I'm married with a baby on the way (due June 20th). I'm self employed as a roofer. Long winters keep me poor but I enjoy the outdoor work in summer and the freedom of being my own boss.

I've played pool most of my youth and had a couple of breaks from the game. The last several years I have played on a consistant basis.

Other than pool I play a lot of golf, and am hoping to get into cue building soon, as something to do in the winters. Possibly more seriously in the future if all goes well.
Signature: Take care, Darren
djkx1 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 06:01 PM   #7
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Cue building is something that I'd love to get into. If you do something hit me up I'll be your first sale.
Bishop is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 06:27 PM   #8
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 22 Add to djkx1's Reputation Add to djkx1's Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Cue building is something that I'd love to get into. If you do something hit me up I'll be your first sale.

It could be a while LOL. Its surprising how much $ it takes to get started with even the most modest set up. I'll let you know if I ever get to that point
For now, if you are in the market for a cue, PM BHQ if you haven't already done so, he's a great guy to deal with, and his cues are an excellent value.
Signature: Take care, Darren
djkx1 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 06:53 PM   #9
User Information:
Forum Activity:
I already have one in the works with my regular guy but I know I'm going to have BHQ make me something purdy soon.

I know about the price it was running like 5-7k to get rolling if I remember correctly.
Old March 28th, 2007, 05:07 PM   #10
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 20 Add to A-Train's Reputation Add to A-Train's Reputation
Networking:
Send a message via AIM to A-Train
Quote:
Originally Posted by shexcpoolgawdess View Post
So about the shexcpoolgawdess....My real name is Secret...god honest truth! I'm a 29 year old Asian/Pacific Islander. Raised an army brat. I'm a mother of a 7 year old boy who just like me picked up a cue for the first time at a very young age. He I think picked it up before me at the age of 5 myself it was the age of 7 and fiddled with it over the years growin up. I for the last 9 years or so have been shooting a lot more competitively then casually. There is nothing else that makes me more happy then to get on a table and run some balls. It makes me even more happy when my son joins me at the table. I work in child care and invest a lot of my extra time teaching my son everything about billiards. If I'm not helping him then I'm probably helping one of my many admirers in getting better at pool so that maybe one day they can be as good as me...or so they say.

Outside of shooting pool working and raising my son my life pretty much consists of a plethora of things. I play any and every sport I possibly can.....love going bowling and definately way too into football (at least thats what all the guys think....they seem to think that me knowing more abut football then them is an embarassment....but whatever lol.) I've got a huge passion for cooking. I"m a clean freak and maybe sometimes consume that sleep time I should be using with way too much music downloading lol.

I'm a fun loving friendly person....what more can I really say.....guess if you wanna know more then let me know
Man, I want a future with that...oh, sorry. LOL

Anyhow, my real name is Adam, I'm 22 and live in fabulous Las Vegas. I'm not the greatest pool player to ever live, but I hold my own. My ability is derived by passion for the game. I've never gambled before and lots of people tell me I'll never get better, these are the people I tend to run over in tournaments. LOL

I'm too young for kids, but I'm dating a fantastic lady who someday will probably drag me kicking and screaming down that path of life. Who knows, maybe I'll be more open minded about it later. Anyhow, professionally I'm a real estate agent working for the largest developer in America and loving every second of it. I work my backside off to the tune of like 70 or 80 hours a week, but it's all worth it.

Anyway, that's it. Oh, and if I ever hear about any of yous guys coming to Las Vegas and NOT getting in touch with me and offering some pool time and a beer, I will be highly disappointed. LOL.
Signature: [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]I learn from my mistakes and laugh at yours. LOL[/COLOR][/SIZE]
A-Train is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 02:00 AM   #11
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 13 Add to shark3149's Reputation Add to shark3149's Reputation
I would like to welcome every one and look forward to meeting you all.

I am also intrested in meeting any one who come to my area so if you do just let me know.
shark3149 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 02:57 AM   #12
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 12 Add to ccn7's Reputation Add to ccn7's Reputation
Well so far I seem to be the ole man here I'll be 60 this year, one problem with being around for so long you have so much to share. I'll try to keep it short as not to bore to many of you youngins.

I have been married for 33 yrs have 3 daughters and 1 son, i have 8 grandson and one lil grand-daughter. All but 1 daughter and 1 grandson live within 2 miles of me and the wife.

To support my pool, bowling and golf habits we raise Boston Terriers. I have my own table so i shoot most ever day. I live in the mountains of Northern Calif. hunting and fishing is at it best here. My son is a guide, and a very avid sportsman.

I started playing pool in 1964, while in HS. In 1966 i went to work for Uncle Sam I enlisted. I'm a Viet Nam Vet and have a total military service of 16yrs ( 3 yrs active duty and the rest was national guard) have been around the world at least once.

In 1979 I went to work for the Calif Dept of Corrections as a Vocational Instructor (Welding was my trade). I also taught Math. I retired 20 yrs later and have just been enjoying life ever since.
ccn7 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:48 AM   #13
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Good to meet you. Know how to weld is one of those things that can always keep you afloat during hard times. Great trade to learn.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:57 PM   #14
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to tpdtom's Reputation Add to tpdtom's Reputation
Hi Everyone,

My name is Tom and I'm a 55 year old Locomotive Engineer from the Detroit area. I just came back to pool a few weeks ago after a 25 year haitus. I used to play for hours daily both in the poolroom and on the bar box. Now I don't drink or gamble very much, but if you twist my arm I might . Back in the day I used to shoot Straight Pool and of course 8 and 9 Ball in the bars. Played in lots of leagues and tournaments year round.

Since my return, I'm working hard to develop perfect fundamentals, and I plan to take Tom Simpson's 3 day course at The National Billiard Academy ASAP. Right now, I'm trying not to worry about winning or losing, but rather perfect practice. A friend said the other night that I'm doing things on the table that he doesn't remember me being able to do in the past, and that's music to my ears . Things in the game have really changed. Mostly I notice LOTS of people playing at a higher level. At least, above my speed. I'm working on my One-Pocket game, and plan to start a new Straight Pool league at my home room, "Hall of Fame Billiards" in Warren, Michigan. You may have heard of it because there's a LOT of action there. Anyone in the world can get played there, and we have many great players. Our house Pro is Ronnie Wiseman. Road players come through every week. For example Tony Chohan just left, as did John "Hennessee" Pinegar from the deep south. Alex "The Lion" Pagulayan camped out here for a couple years. Larry Nevel has been in and out. There are too many top flight players to mention. We have a lot of great women players as well, and Julie Melman, a professional on the Great Lakes Tour, is just one !

My plan is to work for another 9 years at my profession, maybe less, then I want to retire in the Philippines. I can enjoy a lifestyle there that I couldn't afford here, including pool ! I only hope to continue to have good health so I can enjoy it.

Last but not least, if anyone is in the Detroit area, or just passing through, and they'd like a little friendly competition, I'm volunteering to provide some, or steer you where you need to go ...Tom
tpdtom is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote