It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Home Pool Cue Forums Chat Room Arcade PoolHall Directory Pro Events Billards Photos Web Links Contact Legal Notice Documents

Go Back   Billiards-Talk Forums > Pool & Billiards Discussion > General Pool & Billiards Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 5th, 2007, 07:34 AM   #1
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 20 Add to A-Train's Reputation Add to A-Train's Reputation
Networking:
Send a message via AIM to A-Train
Tell the forum about your strengths and weaknesses.

Weaknesses:

Shots wherein the cue ball is somewhere near the center of the table and the object ball is outside the 1st diamond of a corner pocket.

I'm a horrible combonation player. TERRIBLE!

I tend to get too fancy with the cue ball from time to time.

My fanciness with the cue ball causes me to miscue more than your average player.

Strengths:

Long and straight in.

Shots that require lots of spin

Utilizing the table. i.e. going 3 or 4 rails to get better shape if possible.

Stroke speed.

Consistency.

Your turn.
Signature: [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]I learn from my mistakes and laugh at yours. LOL[/COLOR][/SIZE]
A-Train is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #2
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to acedotcom's Reputation Add to acedotcom's Reputation
Weaknesses:
  1. TOUCH!
  2. Shots to the corner where the cb is closer to the rail than the ob.
  3. Sometimes I get the shakes. Sometimes it's my bridge hand, sometimes it's my grip hand, sometimes it's both. It seems to be dependent on time of day and the amount of insulin I have racing through my system.
Strengths:
  1. Roadmaps.
  2. Attitude.
  3. Break.
  4. Dedication.
  5. Knowledge.
Signature: [CENTER][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Winners make shots; losers excuses."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[URL="http://www.poolandbilliards.aceswebworld.com"]My Pool Store[/URL]
[URL="http://www.poolandbilliards.aceswebworld.com/vangoghsnightcafe.html"]Van Gogh's Pool Table[/URL]
[URL="http://www.poolandbilliards.aceswebworld.com/billiardsphotos.html"]Celebrities Shooting Pool[/URL]
[URL="http://www.myspace.com/aces_spaces"]My MySpace Profile[/URL]
acedotcom is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 11:12 AM   #3
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to Slowhand's Reputation Add to Slowhand's Reputation
Weaknesses:

1. Jumping, I simply can't do it. I'd rather masse or even do a 3 rail kick before I try a jump.
2. Maintaining focus. Shoot like a God for 3 games and then dog simple shots.

Strengths:

Sorry, I don't list strengths.
Once you feel you're strong at something, you no longer try to improve on it and there's always room for improvement.
Slowhand is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:07 PM   #4
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to CaptainHook's Reputation Add to CaptainHook's Reputation
Strengths:
Masse shots.
Spin, semi masse, curve type shots.
Use of Inside english.
Jump shots, pendulem and dart style.
Kick shots.
Patterns.
Percentages.
Banks.
Break - 8,9 and 1P.
Safety play.

Weaknesses:
Distractions.
Getting sharked.
phone calls when I'm playing.
Not getting back up and stepping back into the shot when I'm already down and it does not feel correct.
Getting on the wrong side of the next ball by a few inches and having to let the cue ball go to try and get back in line.
CaptainHook is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #5
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to BVal's Reputation Add to BVal's Reputation
Weaknesses:
Combos - unless it is a hanger it is tough for me
Consistency - being able to play well all night and not just a match or two
Tough angle side pocket shots - I hit the tit so often grrrrrrrrrr (the only time a tit is not a good thing)
2 rail kicks

Strenghts:
Break
Jumping
1 rail kicks
3 rail kicks
Banks
My ability to block out all that is around me while at the table

I consider these my strenghts and weaknesses but I still practice ALL of them as often as I can.

BVal
BVal is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 08:33 PM   #6
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to jgpool's Reputation Add to jgpool's Reputation
Talking S & W

Strengths

Kisses
Combos
Dead balls in clusters
Sharp cuts

Weaknesses

Masse
Jump shots
Coors
Signature: _____________________________________________
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I came into this world with absolutely nothing and I still have most of it!_____________________________________________[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Black"]Joe G[/FONT] :rolleyes: :)
Playing Cue: JOSS West (#17, 1983)
Other Cues: David Howard DH-3 by Meucci,
Viking Z90, McDermott D-5, JOSS Limited,
and 2 Schmelke A40s.
10-20 Hrs Wk
Colorado Springs, CO
jgpool is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 08:32 AM   #7
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 20 Add to A-Train's Reputation Add to A-Train's Reputation
Networking:
Send a message via AIM to A-Train
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
Strengths:
Masse shots.
Spin, semi masse, curve type shots.
Use of Inside english.
Jump shots, pendulem and dart style.
Kick shots.
Patterns.
Percentages.
Banks.
Break - 8,9 and 1P.
Safety play.

Weaknesses:
Distractions.
Getting sharked.
phone calls when I'm playing.
Not getting back up and stepping back into the shot when I'm already down and it does not feel correct.
Getting on the wrong side of the next ball by a few inches and having to let the cue ball go to try and get back in line.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Same deal here. I use my phone for business so it rings incessantly. Although I do have a funny story about a personal phone call.

I'm at the hall and I'm in a particular pool playing mood on this night. I'm totally focused, playing very well, and feeling great about my game. My opponent is at the table and I'm 10,000% zoned in on what the table is doing.

*RING RING* It's the girlfriend.

Me: Hi honey, what's up?

Her: Nothing, what are you up to?

Me: At the pool hall.

Her: Blah, blah, blah.

Me: Uh huh. (I'm not even paying attention because my mind is on the game.)

Her: Adam? Adam? ADAM?

Me: Sorry, what was that?

Her: Did you pick up my hairspray or what?

Me: Honey, can we possibly discuss this later? I'm dead in the middle of a match and I can't really focus on hairspray at this very second.

Needless to say, I got berated by the guys at the hall for being whipped. Anyhow, my point is that I totally get the whole phone thing. Although, if you don't have a bluetooth headset, get one for pool playing purposes alone. If you MUST be on the phone, it's a lifesaver.

Last edited by jeffduke : January 7th, 2007 at 12:31 AM. Reason: language
Signature: [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]I learn from my mistakes and laugh at yours. LOL[/COLOR][/SIZE]
A-Train is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007, 12:12 AM   #8
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to CaptainHook's Reputation Add to CaptainHook's Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Same deal here. I use my phone for business so it rings incessantly. Although I do have a funny story about a personal phone call.

I'm at the hall and I'm in a particular pool playing mood on this night. I'm totally focused, playing very well, and feeling great about my game. My opponent is at the table and I'm 10,000% zoned in on what the table is doing.

*RING RING* It's the girlfriend.

Me: Hi honey, what's up?

Her: Nothing, what are you up to?

Me: At the pool hall.

Her: Blah, blah, blah.

Me: Uh huh. (I'm not even paying attention because my mind is on the game.)

Her: Adam? Adam? ADAM?

Me: Sorry, what was that?

Her: Did you pick up my hairspray or what?

Me: Honey, can we possibly discuss this later? I'm dead in the middle of a match and I can't really focus on hairspray at this very second.

Needless to say, I got berated by the guys at the hall for being ***** whipped. Anyhow, my point is that I totally get the whole phone thing. Although, if you don't have a bluetooth headset, get one for pool playing purposes alone. If you MUST be on the phone, it's a lifesaver.

Did you ever oick up her hair spray? hehehehe

My wife buys all her hair products from Jonathon Anton, he had some show on TV. Our bathroom looks like a retail store it has so much product on the shelf. LOL

I always have to have my phone on also, not so much for business, but so m family can get hold of me, our mom is getting pretty old and it is a handfull taking care of her.
CaptainHook is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote