It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Home Pool Cue Forums Chat Room Arcade PoolHall Directory Pro Events Billards Photos Web Links Contact Legal Notice Documents

Go Back   Billiards-Talk Forums > BT Community Forum > Non-Pool Related Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 2nd, 2006, 02:14 PM   #1
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to jgpool's Reputation Add to jgpool's Reputation
Question Help

I have a cue I bought in the mid 70's in Colorado Springs at Ranch Billiards. No clue what it is. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30nov06-cues 013_1.jpg (32.0 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by jgpool : December 2nd, 2006 at 07:47 PM.
jgpool is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 05:12 PM   #2
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to CaptainHook's Reputation Add to CaptainHook's Reputation
Any Logo's or markings on it? Is that a Brass joint?
Signature: Member; Billiards Talk "Palmer owners Club"
CaptainHook is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 05:54 PM   #3
User Information:
Forum Activity:
No logos.

I cannot find any markings. In the male or female joints, under the rubber bumper, no where. I have 2 of these cues one with a leather wrap and one with no wrap. I will post better pics this afternoon. Yes it looks like the joint is brass. Thanks for your interest.
jgpool is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 07:14 PM   #4
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Additional photos

Here are some more pics of these cues. There is a phillips screw in the butt joint and the shaft joint on both cues.

Joe G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ranch-Billiards-cues001_1.jpg (37.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Ranch-Billiards-cues002_1.jpg (45.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Ranch-Billiards-cues003_1.jpg (35.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Ranch-Billiards-cues004_1.jpg (43.4 KB, 10 views)
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #5
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Nice looking cues, but sorry I have no idea who made them.
Signature: Member; Billiards Talk "Palmer owners Club"
CaptainHook is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #6
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Schmelke

I am pleased to say that this cue is a Schmelke. I think it is an A4 identified from Schmelkes brochure on his site. I am now in conversation with him to refinish it after the holidays. Thanks for all the help.
Signature: _____________________________________________
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I came into this world with absolutely nothing and I still have most of it!_____________________________________________[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Black"]Joe G[/FONT] :rolleyes: :)
Playing Cue: JOSS West (#17, 1983)
Other Cues: David Howard DH-3 by Meucci,
Viking Z90, McDermott D-5, JOSS Limited,
and 2 Schmelke A40s.
10-20 Hrs Wk
Colorado Springs, CO
Old December 18th, 2006, 03:36 PM   #7
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgpool View Post
I am pleased to say that this cue is a Schmelke. I think it is an A4 identified from Schmelkes brochure on his site. I am now in conversation with him to refinish it after the holidays. Thanks for all the help.

Nice, I am glad you figured it out. Post some Pics after it's done.
Old December 21st, 2006, 10:29 AM   #8
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to Donovan's Reputation Add to Donovan's Reputation
Networking:
Send a message via ICQ to Donovan Send a message via AIM to Donovan Send a message via MSN to Donovan Send a message via Yahoo to Donovan
Yes, like the Captain said, it would be great to see it when it is all done.
Signature: [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Peace,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Don[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]o[/COLOR][COLOR=Red]van[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

[SIZE="1"][B][COLOR="Black"]MadEye1@gmail.com[/COLOR]
Playing Cue: [COLOR="blue"]Dan Dishaw 18.9 oz & South West[/COLOR] / Tip: [COLOR="blue"]Talisman Pro Soft[/COLOR] / Break Cue: [COLOR="blue"]Predator BK[/COLOR]
Jump Cue: [COLOR="blue"]Bunjee[/COLOR] / Case: [COLOR="blue"]Talisman (Original-Black)[/COLOR] / [COLOR="black"]All my stuff came from [url]GoBilliards.com[/url][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]-Straight Pool and One-Pocket Rule![/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Donovan is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 06:42 PM   #9
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
Yes, like the Captain said, it would be great to see it when it is all done.
I plan getting it done after XMAS. I have one small thing that is troubling me.
I asked for an opinion on how SCHMELKE refinishes cues on another billiards site. I had about 40 hits/reads and nobody left an opinion. This could be nothing at all or there could be a problem that nobody wants to talk about. Considering the site I posted this on, I amazed nobody chimed in.

Last edited by jgpool : December 22nd, 2006 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I came into this world with absolutely nothing and I still have most of it!_____________________________________________[/FONT]

and 2 Schmelke A40s.
10-20 Hrs Wk
Colorado Springs, CO
Old December 22nd, 2006, 06:54 PM   #10
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffduke View Post
I have NO idea of how Schmelke refinishes cues, but would think since they built the cue originally, they'd do a fine job...otherwise, Proficient Billiards does a very stand-up job also. good luck with your decision, Jeff
Don't you think it odd that I received no replies?

and 2 Schmelke A40s.
10-20 Hrs Wk
Colorado Springs, CO
Old December 22nd, 2006, 09:51 PM   #11
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffduke View Post
not really. forums are weird sometimes...not everyone replies cause not everyone knows, but some reply just to see themselves "talk". lol I think you'll have no problem with them...but thats only opinion, I have no facts to back that up. good luck, man!! Jeff
Thanks,

I value your opinion. I have seen you in both forums and value experienced opinions. I just joined both forums and this has given new life to someone who has a passion for the game. I owned a 5 bar table bar in Colorado Springs for 7 years in the 80's. I had more fun promoting the game than I did playing. I made more $$ promoting. It wasn't proper to win your own tourney. Sometimes I wasn't proper.

and 2 Schmelke A40s.
10-20 Hrs Wk
Colorado Springs, CO