It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Home Pool Cue Forums Chat Room Arcade PoolHall Directory Pro Events Billards Photos Web Links Contact Legal Notice Documents

Go Back   Billiards-Talk Forums > Billiards Equipment > Cue Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 26th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #1
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to Denismh's Reputation Add to Denismh's Reputation
What Cue Do You Use?

I shoot with a Viking cue for my main stick with an OB-1 Shaft and a fury jump/break cue as my break cue.
Denismh is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 02:06 PM   #2
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to George's Reputation Add to George's Reputation
Networking:
Playing Cue:
Viking

Break Cue
:
X-Breaker
George is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 01:12 AM   #3
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to kurtain's Reputation Add to kurtain's Reputation
I use an old Meucci (97-15) cue to play with and a Predator Sneaky Pete to break with. They have not let me down yet so why mess with a good thing.
kurtain is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 09:15 AM   #4
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to cfryer5's Reputation Add to cfryer5's Reputation
I play with a McDermott Pulse with an I2 shaft. Love it.
cfryer5 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 11:03 PM   #5
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to Shorty's Reputation Add to Shorty's Reputation
My playing cue is a Schon LTD 642 with a Petree custom shaft, 1.25 ivory ferrule, black lizard wrap by Mike Webb, custom extensions by CueCrazy.

I break with a Colt 18 ounce breaker, 13.5mm, black leather wrap by Mike Webb, hard leather tip.

Shorty
Signature: Best under three feet tall...[B][COLOR="Red"]GUARANTEED[/COLOR][/B]!
Shorty is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 05:20 AM   #6
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to GlamourDave's Reputation Add to GlamourDave's Reputation
I currently play with a Phillipi custom that is a 18.7 oz. It is my principal playing cue for 8 & 9 ball playing.

I also play with an ivory jointed Coker custom. It is very loaded up with inlays in comparison to most Cokers. It is 19.3 oz and I use it for Straight Pool and One Pocket playing.

I have a Schon SP #15 that I have had for 23 years. I switch between it and a Bon Runde custom that is extremely loaded with inlays for the 3rd cue that sits in my playing case.
GlamourDave is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 11:44 AM   #7
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 22 Add to djkx1's Reputation Add to djkx1's Reputation
Playing cue: Right now I have a 314 on a Players cue, but Brent (BHQ) is making me 2 butts to match the 314. Both are wrapless ,BEM forearm and butt, with the handle being cocobola on one and bacote on the other. Can't wait

Breaker: J&J J/B
Signature: Take care, Darren
djkx1 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 01:58 AM   #8
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to zcat27's Reputation Add to zcat27's Reputation
I have four that I move between. Mike Capone, Hoppe Style. Skip Weston, Hoppe Style. Chad McLennon (CAM Cue), Plain Jane BEM and Paul Dayton, Ebony w/6 Bloodwood Points. Absolutely love all four of them!
By the way Hello! Just found the site and registered.
zcat27 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 04:26 AM   #9
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to StormHotRod300's Reputation Add to StormHotRod300's Reputation
Networking:
Send a message via AIM to StormHotRod300 Send a message via Yahoo to StormHotRod300
Well hopefully by monday Dec 4, i'll be using my BHQ cue. I bought "The Beast" from Brent.

I've been using a Zim cue ( Micheal Zimmerman ) which, i've been using since about May. I like the cue, but just something about it, makes me like 50/50 about it. I have a SP that Zim also did up for me, and I like that cue ALOT better. For some reason the shaft on the SP has a stiffer hit.

So, I've been using the SP for a while now, kinda giving both cues some love.

As for my breaker, i just have a Action SP with a phenolic ferrule/tip on it.

But I am really excited about getting the new cue from Brent, its ALOT heavier 22.25oz, but i love using a heavier cue.
StormHotRod300 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 02:30 PM   #10
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to easymoney's Reputation Add to easymoney's Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffduke View Post
anyone here ever heard of a local cuemaker named DZ cues? I use primarily 2 s/p's I had him make for me. I'll post a pic I got of them...feedback is wanted!
Bob Dzuricky. Heard they were good.
easymoney is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 02:32 PM   #11
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to easymoney's Reputation Add to easymoney's Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denismh View Post
I shoot with a Viking cue for my main stick with an OB-1 Shaft and a fury jump/break cue as my break cue.
One pocket- Kikel or Olney
8 ball- Coker or Joss
easymoney is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 01:04 AM   #12
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to Sweet Marissa's Reputation Add to Sweet Marissa's Reputation
My playing cue is a Jacoby I designed. Forearm is cinnamon-tinted birds-eye maple with five ebony spliced points with veneers. At the base of each point are white holly french diamonds with baby pink mother of pearl in the centre. The butt is ebony with five matching french diamonds as in the forearm. The wrap is all black Irish linen, and the joint is stainless steel with dual silver rings at the joint, wrap, and butt.

I break with a Rick Howard Mace or Predator BK2.
Signature: I step on cracks in the sidewalk. That's how I roll.

[email]sweetmarissa@gmail.com[/email]
[url]www.myspace.com/marissayi[/url]

Playing Cue: Jacoby (designed by moi), Joss
Break Cue: Predator BK2, Rick Howard Mace
Jump Cue; Jacoby, Lucasi
Cases: Custom Jim Murnak, Ron Thomas, Instroke, Predator, and Porper
Sweet Marissa is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #13
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to toni4ball's Reputation Add to toni4ball's Reputation
Networking:
Send a message via MSN to toni4ball Send a message via Yahoo to toni4ball
Wink I love my Jacoby!

I custom designed my Jacoby about 4 or 5 years ago.. and I love it! It was hard to get used to, after playing with a Joss Hustler for 10 years...I didn't like the wrap, taper of the shaft, or weight right away, but after having the shaft tapered and removing the weight bolt - it's wonderful. I still keep my Joss and use it as a break cue, and when I'm feeling like I can't make a ball I use it to shoot - kind of like a safety blanket.
Signature: [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="3"]toni4ball[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT];)
toni4ball is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:21 PM   #14
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to One Pocket Smitty's Reputation Add to One Pocket Smitty's Reputation
Cues

I play with a Jerry Olivier ebony with 4 Ivory points and a Lizard wrap. 19.5 oz.
I also have a Shon with 4 floating Ivory diamonds that hits very well.
I break with a Olivier Jump/ Break.
Smitty
One Pocket Smitty is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 03:23 AM   #15
ChrisOnline
User Information:
Forum Activity:
i have a bunch of cues that i like to play with from time to time.. and i love them all!

chris
  Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote