View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2007, 03:20 AM   #7
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to Slowhand's Reputation Add to Slowhand's Reputation
I think this poll is a little biased, it's like asking "What's your favorite color? Red or Blue?" It just gives you 4 choices and disregards everything else. If you're going to list one pocket, then why didn't you list games like snooker, golf, bowlliards, rotation 8, 7 ball, 10 ball, 15 ball, carom or bank pool? I went for a while only playing rotation 8. We were playing 15 ball tonight and only had one BNR, if we were playing 9 ball then you could go games before getting to the table.

Why is it that everyone loves 9 ball so much? I think it has more to do with being the tournament game that gets the most TV coverage. I'm sure if TV switched to something else, most of those same people would start to love that other game instead. But just because TV likes it, doesn't mean it's the most fun or challenging game to play. It could also be that they grew up playing 8 ball, as most of us did, that they're so sick and tired of it that anything else is an improvement.

Don't get me wrong, I think that both 8 & 9 ball are great games, it's just that there are a lot of different games that you can play on a pool table. And if more people were open to trying those games, they may find something they like better than just the old standards. Or at least something to break the monotony of playing the same old game for ever and ever.
Signature: [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=seagreen][B]You'll never become an old dog if you keep learning new tricks ;)[/B][/COLOR][/FONT] [/CENTER]
Slowhand is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote