It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Home Pool Cue Forums Chat Room Arcade PoolHall Directory Pro Events Billards Photos Web Links Contact Legal Notice Documents

Go Back   Billiards-Talk Forums > Pool & Billiards Discussion > General Pool & Billiards Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 17th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #1
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to Bishop's Reputation Add to Bishop's Reputation
Do you guys have more fun when money is involved

I don't gamble much but I do miss it from time to time. You guys like a little money on the game? Do you think you play little better, tighter, looser when funds are at stake?
Bishop is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 10:29 PM   #2
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to shexcpoolgawdess's Reputation Add to shexcpoolgawdess's Reputation
Networking:
Send a message via AIM to shexcpoolgawdess Send a message via MSN to shexcpoolgawdess Send a message via Yahoo to shexcpoolgawdess
Cool

You know in all honesty I'm not really one to play for money. Takes the joy out of the game and it also brings out the side of people that I care not to be around. I'll admit that I have played for money before. And that there are always people wanting to put thier money on me to play against some chump talkin ****.

I'd rather just be able to play the game that I know I'm good at rather then play for money and change the demeanor of the game. Plus in past experiences I didn't have as much fun...lol.
Signature: [FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]~*~ShEx~C~pOoLgAwDeSs~*~[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
shexcpoolgawdess is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 04:59 AM   #3
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 20 Add to A-Train's Reputation Add to A-Train's Reputation
Networking:
Send a message via AIM to A-Train
I don't know, I've never gambled. LOL

I see lots of people do it and I've always made the observation that they weren't anymore.
Signature: [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]I learn from my mistakes and laugh at yours. LOL[/COLOR][/SIZE]
A-Train is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 11:00 AM   #4
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to Maniac's Reputation Add to Maniac's Reputation
I never gamble either. IMO, "one-in-the-hand is worth two-in-the-bush".

I've seen too many lives destroyed from gambling. Yeah, yeah, I know, you don't gamble big, just small stuff. But, alcoholics are made from that first innocent little "sip" of beer and heavy drug abusers are made from that first little "hit" on that innocent reefer. It can get out of hand faster and harder than you least expect it will.

Maniac
Maniac is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 01:58 AM   #5
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to SPINDOKTOR's Reputation Add to SPINDOKTOR's Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
I don't gamble much but I do miss it from time to time. You guys like a little money on the game? Do you think you play little better, tighter, looser when funds are at stake?

I play a lil better, seems like I always play better in a tournament or a money game, but sometimes I find myself trying to make everything in a money game, and that will useualy bite me in the butt.

SPINDOKTOR
Signature: Speacial Thanks to:

Dan Janes, JOSS CUES LTD.
[url]http://www.josscues.com/html/home.html[/url]

Royce Bunnell

[url]http://www.obcues.com/[/url]

BUY AMERICAN!
SPINDOKTOR is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 02:00 AM   #6
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 12 Add to ccn7's Reputation Add to ccn7's Reputation
I play mainly to have fun, its fun when i play good, and when i play for money it seems i try alot harder focus alot better and play good overall. So to get back to the topic i would have to say i have more fun within myself when i play for money as i play my best. I dont like to gamble on chance games such as cards and slots, but will bet on myself and some of the skills i have. I play for money in pool, golf and bowling, i also shoot bow and guns for a little wager . I know what my limitations are and bet accordingly.
Signature: My worse day at Pool, was still far better than my best day at Work
ccn7 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 06:05 AM   #7
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 13 Add to shark3149's Reputation Add to shark3149's Reputation
I have to say I play for money some times but I just had one of the best times not playing for any money just pride.Brent of BHQ and my self played pool for a few hours for pride and well he kicked my butt.I had more fun than I have had in a long long time.That just let me know you can have more fun just hitting some balls with good people and have a blast,after all thats why we all started playing the game,for the fun of it.I lost site of the fun side about 8 years ago.I would not take my cue out if I was not playing for the cash,and I lost the reason I started playing the game.Well I quit playing for 3 yeaars and now I remeber why I played the game fun,and meeting some great people.I will now take the time to play with the young guy who just bangs balls and try to teach him how to play.You know we all started some where and we need to pass what we know on to the younger crowed if we want the sport to grow.
Signature: [SIZE="3"] BHQ Fan For Life

It ain't no fun when the rabbits got the gun[/SIZE]
shark3149 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote