It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Home Pool Cue Forums Chat Room Arcade PoolHall Directory Pro Events Billards Photos Web Links Contact Legal Notice Documents

Go Back   Billiards-Talk Forums > Pool & Billiards Discussion > General Pool & Billiards Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 23rd, 2007, 09:31 PM   #1
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 13 Add to shark3149's Reputation Add to shark3149's Reputation
Things that remind you of a match

Hello all. I was just going through some boxes as I am moving and found abounch of memorably of pool tournament's and gambling sessions.The funny thing is even though I have not looked at these things in years,I found myself going back in time.I picked up a pies of chalk and that looked old and used up and knew right away what match it came from.I could see this great match up between two local players that when I started playing helped me out allot.Then I pick up a flier for the Akron open I belive it was the last year but the date is messed up and I can't read it as it got wet some time ago.I can still see all the pro players that I had the chance to meet and watch play.This was my first big time tournament.I have been hooked every since.I was just wondering how many others keep things as reminders of a great match up or tournament.
Nate
shark3149 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2007, 10:57 PM   #2
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 20 Add to A-Train's Reputation Add to A-Train's Reputation
Networking:
Send a message via AIM to A-Train
I don't have anything tangible. Just good stories that still come up with me and my buddies. Some of the best times I've ever had were around a pool table.

Some of the worst times I've ever had were around a pool table too.
Signature: [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]I learn from my mistakes and laugh at yours. LOL[/COLOR][/SIZE]
A-Train is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 02:40 AM   #3
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Yah I have to say I have had good and bad times around a pool table.
I just thought or hoped I wasn't the only one to keep things that reminded me of a certin match.
shark3149 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 11:58 AM   #4
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to Bishop's Reputation Add to Bishop's Reputation
I still have the same Willard on my keychain that I had when I was in HS I'm 30 now and everytime I look at it I'm reminded about when I really truely fell in love with the game as 16-17 year old
Bishop is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #5
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Thats great.I still have my first cue and case.I have not played withit in about ten years I am going to have to break it out.I still remember the first time I walked in to a pool hall.I was about five years old with my day.I heard the sound of some one breaking and I just had to see what all that noise was.I have been hooked every since.My dad played pretty good and went to the pool hall every monday and thursday.He stated taking me with him so we could spend more time together.I wanted to play so bad but he only let me watch at first.When he would stop watching me for a second I would run over and start hitting the balls.Then one day he say me make three balls in a row and said that he would teach me how to play as long as I didn't tell mom.Well little did I know 25 years latter I would still be playing and still love the game that much.
Old March 26th, 2007, 12:51 PM   #6
User Information:
Forum Activity:
I wish I had my first cue. It was an old two piece house cue. I have no idea who made it or what happened to it.

One of my favorite cues I've owned was a Dale Perry coco plain jane I bought when I was 18 I think. I fell on hard times and had to sell it. Break that old cue out and take some pics for us!
Bishop is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #7
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 11 Add to Maniac's Reputation Add to Maniac's Reputation
I haven't been competing for very long. I'm only in my third APA session. But, I got my first break-and-run patch last week along with a rackless patch all in the same match. I'll probably, sometime down the road, remember that night whenever I see this patch. Weird thing about the break-and-run was, I was so in the "zone" that I didn't even realize I had broke-and-run until I overheard one of my teammates say I had done it shortly after I had pocketed the last ball of the match.

Maniac
Maniac is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #8
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 10 Add to CaptainHook's Reputation Add to CaptainHook's Reputation
I decided to take my old Championship cue with me today, and as I was walking to my car with it this morning, it dawned on me........I have been carrying around this cue since 1974.

I learned how to play with it, and have many great memories attached to it.

Then I realized I needed to stop and fill up the car with gas, and that pretty much ruined all the good thoughts in my pointy little head.
Signature: Member; Billiards Talk "Palmer owners Club"
CaptainHook is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #9
User Information:
Forum Activity:
I am not very good at taking pic of cues but I'll see what I can do.The cue is an old scruggs s/p so it is not pretty.I am glad I kept that cue it is now worth some money.I don't think I would ever sell it.I want't to pass it on to my son if I ever have one.

I bet you will rember that night for ever.You always seem to rember your first break and run in a match.I think it took me four or five years to get one in a match,but I could do it in practice all the time.Now I don't try to run out all the time but it seems to happen a lot more now a days.I think I was always trying to hard and now I just take my time and if I run out cool but I would rather play a good safe and get ball in hand.
Old March 26th, 2007, 04:41 PM   #10
User Information:
Forum Activity:
you can email me pics if you have trouble loading.
Old April 24th, 2007, 02:21 AM   #11
User Information:
Forum Activity:
Score: 12 Add to ccn7's Reputation Add to ccn7's Reputation
Being older than most of you guys does have some benifits..In 1962 or close to it my Dad took me to see Willie Mosconi put on an exhibition. In the afternoon session he ran 150 and quit in the evening session he went 250 and quit. My dad tells me stories about Ralf Greenleaf playing. My Dad was a real Kelly Pool Player ( better know today as Pea Pool). I dont have things, just memories. And still have my Dad he's 87 and still plays every now and then. It was him and my Gramps that taught me the game and now i'm passing it on to my 26 yr old son and my grandsons. Its in the blood.
Signature: My worse day at Pool, was still far better than my best day at Work
ccn7 is offline   Submit to Clesto --> Submit to Digg Stumble It Technorati Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote