|General Rules & Guidelines|
Table of ContentsForum Rules
Photo Gallery Policy
Copyrighted Material Policy
Terms of Service
2) All publicly displayed messages are limited to the English language. This includes posts, titles, signatures, as well as any attachments or other forms of public display.
3) You may not post commission, referral or affiliate links anywhere on the forum.
4) Cross-Posting is not allowed here. Cross-posting refers to posting new duplicate threads or posts, or the linking to threads or posts they have already started.
5) Participants may not post on behalf of any banned member. This includes all forums, private messages, and e-mail features.
6) Participants may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by Billiards-Talk.info.
7) SPAM is prohibited. Any post deemed SPAM will be removed and the user's account will be disabled without warning. The board admin will have the final say in determining what qualifies as SPAM.
8) Participants may not bump threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a new post, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. Moderators will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not.
9) Participants may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company, without first hand experience of those products or services. This includes companies recommending other companies.
10) Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled.
11) Hijacking threads (getting far off topic) for the purpose of discussing a lifestyle issue, religious issue, discussing someone's sexual preference, or bashing another member is strictly prohibited.
12) Any posts promoting a website similar in nature to Billiards-Talk.info or in direct competition with Billiards-Talk.info will be removed. A special note to website owners/administrators: any attempt to use Billiards-Talk.info to funnel members to your site is strictly prohibited, unless permission is granted otherwise.
13) Making one line posts for the sole purpose of running up one's post count is strictly prohibited.
14) Pictures containing nudity are prohibited. Pictures containing graphic material, but which are still within the terms of service, should be posted as a link only, with a warning to other posters that the pictures seen may be graphic. The web admin and moderators reserve the right to remove pictures deemed inappropriate at any time.
15) Flame baiting is not allowed. What is 'flame baiting'? It means posting a topic or something with the intention of triggering a flame war, or one that invites flames in reply. It's equivalent to inviting someone to troll.
16) Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators' enforcement of such, will be removed without comment.
Signatures are meant to be fun, please respect the diversity of this community and do not use the signature feature to make statements that are offensive, related to abortion, or sexually suggestive. Please do not link to graphically disturbing images, or place things in your signature that reflect disagreements or issues within the board community. Inappropriate signatures will be removed at the discretion of the administration and the member in violation may lose the signature feature privilege.
1) May contain a maximum of two smilies.
2) Images should be no greater than 299 pixels (wide) x 75 pixels (high).
3) Maximum font size cannot be larger than 12pt.
4) Must be kept to a maximum of four lines (at 1024 resolution).
5) Signatures are limited to 300 characters.
6) We reserve the right to change and/or remove your signature at any time, for any reason.
2) Nudity, profanity, pornography, etc. is prohibited.
3) We reserve the right to change and/or remove your avatar at any time, for any reason.
2) Pornography, hate images, etc. are prohibited and will get you banned without warning.
3) Copyrighted images/photos should not be posted, unless a written release is granted by the owner of the photo.
4) Any material deemed inappropriate, may be removed without notice.
5) Pictures/images posted in the Photos Gallery cannot be lifted and used in threads/posts or for other purposes, without the consent of the original poster of the photo.
Any abuse towards our staff and/or management in any form, may result in immediate suspension of your account.
Board Policy Enforcement:
Our Terms & Conditions are enforced using a "three strikes policy". Members found to be in violation of our Terms & Conditions will be handled through the process below.
1) First warning will be sent via PM notifying the member of the violation.
2) Second warning will be sent if the violation has not been corrected OR the member continues the activity in question.
3) A third violation will result in a ban from the boards with the length determined by the board administrator.
Based on the circumstances and violations the Board Administrator may decide to ban a member with less than three warnings or without warning, as the circumstances merit. While the above policies and procedures are the rule and we will try our utmost to apply them, exceptions will occur and we will act in whatever manner we deem necessary to deal with infractions and behavior.
You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it’s still copyright infringement. Copyright law does not care if you make any money off of the work or not, what matters is if you hurt the potential income of the copyright holder. In this case you would be depriving them of ad revenue and it is illegal. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. So if you want to post an article you should do this and include a link, or just post the link. The exception to this rule is press releases; press releases are meant for distribution and can be copied and distributed as much as you want. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
All times are GMT -3. The time now is 01:10 PM.